Twist and Shout

Twist and Shout
Life is never straight (Joey Kulkin photo)

Friday, July 4, 2014

And I still haven't gotten to those boxes ...

Nestle at age 2 in 2010

BENNINGTON -- You know, Suzyn, you just can't predict baseball.

And, Suzyn, you just can't predict the 4th of July in an art gallery.

Thought it would deader than a doorknob.

But the door continues to swing open. People continue to walk in.

The man and woman in their late 50s or early 60s? Brother and sister.

He in the yellow-embroidered Oregon cap, from New Lebanon New York.

She from North Jersey but moving back to New Paltz New York.

She bought the last pistol-handled pirate mug. And 2 spider web coasters.

"I have a very dark side."

"She collects witches and skulls and darkness."

"I don't even know why I like that kind of stuff."

Mother, son and daughter from Dallas. Redheads.

Dad's got brown hair.

"I used to have red hair too -- but I drank too much coffee."

Said with a cup of coffee in his right hand.

Karen and Paige bought 2 Myny prints on wood.

Yellow is her favorite color. We have a yellow bathroom. Bathroom already has birds.

Makes perfect logical sense.

"The kiwi bird is my favorite animal. They're little balls ... and they don't fly."

Just picked up redhead son from camp in Williamstown.

He's reacquainting with the smartphone.

Mom: He went 2 weeks without his phone!

I: Oh my God! How did you even survive?

He: <rosey cheeks ... and still pecking the screen>

Dad: LOVE those record bowls!

I: Yeah it was his college thesis and he turned it into his business.

Dad: Neil Young coming out with the new thing -- master sound recordings.

Dad: Why dumb down the sound to MP3 or CD or vinyl?

Kickstarter raised Young six point four million.

Music from master sound recordings. Music's next thing. Bank on it.

Out with Dallas and In with Gotham City.

Mitch the psych prof at Fordham.

Roberta the skin care queen at Kiehl's.

Married.

Hubby brings DeAmicis to the counter on the down-low. Gift for wifey.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Emerson.

Wrap it up and bag it up on the down-low.

Photograph.

Then he gives it to her to open in the alcove.

The point of this was what again?

A smile. Awwww, honey! And hug.

Overheard in the art gallery:

She: One of my donkeys is having a baby right now.

I: I so want to see that donkey.

She: They're miniatures.

She: Her name is Nestle. Her mom's name is Marshmallow and her dad's name is Peanut.

I: Marshmallow ... Peanut ... Nestle ... sounds about right.

She: If it's a boy it will be Nestor.

I: And if it's a girl?

She: We don't know yet.

Overheard in the art gallery:

I, eager to see a photo of Nestle: Any good restaurants in Rhinebeck?

He, searching for a photo: Yeah, Eveready Diner. But it just burned down.










No comments:

Post a Comment