Twist and Shout

Twist and Shout
Life is never straight (Joey Kulkin photo)

Friday, July 11, 2014

Davion

Davion, 7/11/14 (Joey Kulkin photo)

BENNINGTON -- Wrote a thing about Davion for Facebook and thought that would be that, that we'd never see each other again. 34 minutes later we saw each other again.

Davion, or Jessie in the piece, pedaled from Clifton Park to Bennington, about 43 miles. He planned to take the bus back. Only problem is he didn't bring enough cash, 4 bucks short, and that's why he came back 34 minutes later.

He said he'd buy me something here in the gallery for 4 bucks -- if I gave him 4 bucks.

We don't have anything for 4 bucks so I just gave him the 4 bucks.

"Pass it forward," I said.

"What do you mean, give this to someone else?"

"No, pass it forward meaning that you should help someone out if they're ever in need."

"Oh, OK." <he took the four dollar bills> "What's your name again?"

Extended my hand and said "Joey."

Extended his hand and said "Davion."

Shook hands. He walked toward the sunshine.

"See ya later, Jessie."

Davion turned and smiled.

Kinda funny in a way. Before I told him about Castaneda and the Yaqui Way, which he'd never heard of, we talked about Jesus and what he might have done till the age of 29. ... I wonder what Davion Jessie did during those 34 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment