Twist and Shout

Twist and Shout
Life is never straight (Joey Kulkin photo)

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Reap

BENNINGTON

I do a pretty good impersonation of Bennington's last barber who has cut and snipped and thinned and shaved heads and faces in the same Main Street kiosk for 45 years. His delivery is a combination of comic exasperation and heavy breathiness like he just ran around the block. He likes to put his fingers on your jugular too much for my tastes.






bike horn 'n' basket
3 owners and coats of paint
and Henry's his name






She'll be dead before she's photographed against this backdrop again.








And here's my left hand this morning, before I hit Main Street.






"You take my hand and give me your friendship
I'll take my time and send you my slow reply
Give me an inch and I'll make the best of it
Take all you want and leave all the rest to die"



No comments:

Post a Comment