Twist and Shout

Twist and Shout
Life is never straight (Joey Kulkin photo)

Saturday, July 5, 2014

"Struck by his behavior"






BENNINGTON -- I'd be lying if I said Kelly didn't spur a certain you know what.

She's half-Argentinian and beautiful and bubbly and she reminded me of a Mexican-American girl I loved many years ago and for whom I'd reverse history. But this ain't about that.

It's about Kelly and Lincoln of Gotham City. For 10 or 15 minutes today, we enjoyed a moment in the gallery. Maybe even my favorite moment. It all clicked. It all clicked because, well, it just all clicked. The "23 Oreos" and "mashed potatoes to serve Patton's Army" and using a Sharpie to alter the serving size so that eating 23 Oreos at once is natural, not a burden. Conversational chemistry is what we shared, and it just clicked.

I extracted the story of how they met and why it worked and continues to work.

The astrophysicist and the professor of political science met, by chance, at a social function, she walked in, he comically but seriously slow-turned his head when she passed him, and she heard about it, and she was "struck by his behavior", and later she told her girlfriend "I met this guy who's so not my type but there's something about him."

Funny how we'll ignore someone till we can no longer ignore them.

"He's intelligent, interesting, has a sense of humor, and he makes me laugh."


No comments:

Post a Comment